Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Costa Rica backpacking through the Country!


I´m here in Costa Rica! I´ve been here for about 11 days now and I´ve done a lot of traveling. I wanted to explore more of Costa Rica before I committed to Christ for the City. My friend, Raquel has been my traveling partner and we have made some amazing memories!

So let me update you all on whats being going on. After the first day in San Jose we decided to head to the Caribbean side (Puerto Viejo) of Costa Rica and let me tell you it is amazing!! The beach is so warm, there are wild horses just chilling by the ocean and everyone is very kind! We got to rent bikes and ride them to Punta Uva, which was about a 8-10mile bike ride..yup we were exhausted. Punta Uva is a small little town not too far away from Puerto Viejo, its a cute little beach town. And indeed the beach was amazing and the water was very warm and crystal blue! After a day in Puerto Viejo, I was so tempted to take a bus to Panama and enjoy the beautiful islands out there, but I decided that that adventure can wait. From Puerto Viejo, Panama is about 2 hours away or so.

After our adventures in Puerto Viejo we took a bus all the way to the other side of Costa Rica!! Yup close to Nicaragua. Monteverde is a beautiful little town tucked away in the mountains it took us 12hours to get there from Puerto Viejo! Once we got there we stayed in a adorable little hostel that was only $5.00 per person! Which included HOT showers, which is a must in Monteverde cause its always cold out there. The next day we went on the canopy tour...this adventure is a must if you are coming to Costa Rica! You hike up the forest where you are quickly connected to a zipline and you just glide across the mountains literally hanging on a string!! Its amazing!

From Monteverde we took a bus, a ferry and another bus to get to Montezuma. My favorite city in the whole world!! Once we got there I quickly ran into the ocean and cooled off from the crazy heat! It is soo hot out here! In Montezuma we got to ride horses on the beach, go see waterfalls and just finally chill out by the beautiful ocean! Once we got to this town we were so exhausted from all the traveling that we just wanted to take it easy. I love this town. I´m actually thinking about moving here when I´m done with my missionary trip in San Jose. We´ll see what happens and how everything turns out.

I really do miss the little things of the states, but more importantly I miss my family and friends!! Its only been 11 days and I´m missing you guys so much! I start working with Christ for the City this Friday and I´m excited but a bit nervous cause I know that its going to be a challenge. I hope you are all doing well and I would love to hear from you.

Pura Vida!
Dianna Rodriguez

P.S. If you want to email me please do so at Brownskinlady82@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Man, that looks like so much fun!! Glad you're doing well and look forward to seeing how the work in the city goes! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Dianna,

Neat blog. Got the site from the prayer team listings. I serve as the Congregational Care Chaplain for ERC, I will keep you in my prayers. What an adventure for you! God Bless You and the little ones you will interact with.

Richard Chavarria