Tuesday, July 15, 2008

These last few days!


In a few days I leave the States and head out to Costa Rica. I'll be living in Costa Rica for about 3 months volunteering with Christ for the City International. This is a new season in my life and I'm so excited! However, these last few days have been difficult because I am leaving my comfort, my family, my friends and a wonderful boyfriend behind. But I know that God is taking me on this journey for a reason.
These last days, I've had the amazing opportunity to catch up with friends and reflect on my life here in the States. I've celebrated 4th of July with Luis and I actually got to play with fireworks!! I got to enjoy time with my family, rest, swim and focus on what God wants me to do in the next 6-7 months of my life. Honestly, for the first time in my life, I don't have it all planned out! I have no idea what I'll be doing after my 3 months are up in Costa Rica..but I'm excited to find out!
However, I do know that once I get to Costa Rica, I will be touring the country with Raquel (one of my best friends) for 2 weeks. We will most likely go visit a active volcano, take a hike up a rain forest, jump off of waterfalls and go snorkeling! I am very excited to have an opportunity to take a few days off with her. Once she leaves, I start my missionary trip in San Jose, Costa Rica! I will keep you all updated and let you know how you can pray for me!

Much Love!!
Dianna
email me at: Dianna.Rodriguez@biola.edu

1 comment:

Maria said...

Mujer Preciosa! I'm glad I got to see you one last time before the big Friday. Remember...enjoy the present day...don't miss out on what God is teaching you that day. Do not worry about tomorrow. See each challenge as this: God is growing you. Know that there are prayers going out for you daily. Be strong sister...you are not alone. He is right there with you. I am already looking forward to the big welcome back party and all the stories we will hear =).